Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pumpkin Waffles



I don't really have any amazing stories for these waffles. They're a variation on my basic buckwheat waffles recipe I posted a week or so ago. And they are so so so good. SOOOO GOOOD. Make them noooowwww!


Like I get that plain waffles are awesome cause you can put whatever you want on em and you can jazz them up with blueberries or chocolate chips inside or something. But these fellas are the real deal. Wowza. I would honestly like to eat them every day. It's too bad that it's getting to be warm again in Straya. Not fair. I just got a waffle iron, for pete's sake!

In order to enjoy perfect pumpkin deliciousness, you'll need (again makes around 6ish animals or 2 regular waffles):
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
1/3 cup + 3 tablespoons almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Mix up wet. Add dry. Grease your waffle iron (if it's cheap like mine, that is). Heat it up. Add waffle mix. Wait about 2-4 minutes. Open up. Remove golden-orange deliciousness. Nomnomnom. Also, I would really recommend adding nana ice cream, because that stuff just makes everything better. For realz.

for nana ice cream:
2 frozen bananas
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
almond milk

Blend it up in a food processor, scraping sides, and adding almond milk as necessary to help it combine. Top it on the waffles. (I also added a touch of maple syrup and pecans) And now OMNOMNOMNOMNOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment