Saturday, September 20, 2014

Carrot Cake Overnight Oats & Peanut Butter Nana Ice Cream Parfait



Carrot cake is my main cake, my homie, my hombre. Unfortunately, I've had some bad experiences in the past with different carrot cake oatmeal recipes. I was beginning to think my beloved cake just wasn't meant to be in oatmeal form. "But everyone keeps posting pictures of carrot cake oats on instagram. It must work....right?" I thought to myself. So, I didn't give up. Well, I did give up on trying to find recipes. I ended up making my own. One of my very first kitchen experiments. Thankfully, it turned out exactly like I wanted. It was a huge relief seeing as creating things has always sorta freaked me out. I love creativity and the arts, but creating stuff from scratch....big phobia of mine. I'm starting to get over that though (WHOO-HOO!!!).  

And now we shall go forth and acquire the ingredients:
for the oats: 1 cup almond milk
1 mashed banana
1 medium/large grated carrot
pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup oats
handful of raisins/sultanas

Toss the ingredients in a jar/seal-able contained and mix/shake it all until combined. Put the container in the fridge and leave it overnight (or for a minimum of two hours).

for the nana ice cream: 2 frozen bananas
2 tablespoons peanut butter (I used Mayver's peanut coconut spread, 'cause I'm obsessed with it)
splash of almond milk

Just chuck the bananas into a food processor and blend till the break up. If they aren't combining, add a splash of almond milk or more to reach your preferred consistency, blend. Then throw in the peanut butter and blend it up until it's evenly distributed. Take the oats out of the fridge (I highly, highly recommend heating the oats up in the microwave, because it takes this from being good to being visiting-Hobbiton-and-meeting-Viggo-Mortensen-and-Billy-Boyd-and-becoming-best-friends good (not sure how relate-able that analogy is....let's just say it's extra good)) and layer with the nana ice cream. And there you have it, carrot cake in a jar, in breakfast form, with nana ice cream that is peanut butter flavoured, now let's just go to Hobbiton and this'll be the best day of your (my) life.

No comments:

Post a Comment