Sunday, May 17, 2015

Cashew Cheese {R, V, GF}

Cheese has always been my favorite food. Especially the cheese that comes on enchiladas. Oooofffttt. 

Therefore, it's only appropriate I make up a recipe for cashew cheese. While I never find faux-cheeses to be a real replacement. This is pretty dang delicious. It tastes very fancy and pretentious. I made this one up while I was trying out Raw Till 4, and was craving protein all day erryday. So, my body gave me a giant thank you card with glitter and a sound byte and everything for feeding it some of this. Plus, since it tasted very fancy schmancy, it worked really well with my figs and crackers. Which I was a bit suspicious of, to be honest. But now, I wish it was fig season again so I could get a massive tray of figs off the side of the road for fifteen bucks, and whip up this little snack.

Cashew Cheese:
  • 1 cup of cashews (soaked in water for at least an hour)
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
  • 1/2 tbs apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 to 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (start with 1/2 and add more to taste)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Simply blend all the ingredients together in your food processor until you're satisfied with the texture, and store in a jar in the fridge.


1 comment: