Friday, January 23, 2015

Vegan & Gluten-Free Pizza


I've never been a massive pizza fan, as far as I can remember. However, my little brother has been eating pizza non-stop, and I started to feel pretty left out. I tried a bit of his awhile ago, and felt extremely sick. Clearly, Pizza Hut or Dominos wasn't an option. 


Ultimately, I decided to try making my own. I'm pretty terrible at thinking up fun and healthy lunch ideas. So, I'm really thrilled that I ended up trying this. Not to mention, it tasted awesome. I actually liked it better than the Pizza Hut pizza. Their crust is all weird and sugary....like why? Plus, I didn't feel ill afterwards! #bonus


Vegan & Gluten-Free Pizza

Toppings of choice (I used onion, spinach, broccoli & pomegranate seeds)
Pasta/pizza sauce

For the crust:
2/3 cup gluten-free flour mix
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (bi-carb soda)
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegan butter substitute (e.g Nuttelex)
1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze almond milk

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 fan forced. Mix dry ingredients, add butter and mix again. Add Almond Breeze slowly, until the dough just sticks together. Knead the dough on a floured surface 8 times. Then roll the dough out until it's about 1/4 inch thick. Bake for 10 minutes.

In the mean-time, prepare toppings (eg. sauté spinach and onion, boil broccoli, de-seed pomegranate). After ten minutes, spread a few spoonfuls of pasta sauce onto the pizza and add toppings. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey i´ve found you on instagram and I really love your pictures. It looks so delicious, love your recipes :)

    Patty
    http://measlychocolate.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete